David Paul Boreanaz (born May 16, 1969) is an American film and television actor. He is perhaps best known for his role on the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, as the character Angel. Since fall of 2005, he has played the male lead, Seeley Booth, on Bones, opposite Emily Deschanel.
David Boreanaz was born on May 16th, 1969 in Buffalo, New York and grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where his father, Dave Roberts (David Thomas Boreanaz), is a weatherman for channel WPVI-TV; his mother, Patti Boreanaz, is a travel agent. He is of Italian descent and the surname Boreanaz is of Northern Italian origin. He was raised Catholic.
Boreanaz attended high school at Malvern Preparatory School in Malvern, Pennsylvania, and went to college at Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York. After graduating, Boreanaz moved to Hollywood, California to pursue an acting career.
Boreanaz's first acting appearance was a guest spot on the hit American sitcom, Married... with Children, as Kelly's biker boyfriend. He was cast in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, after being spotted by a producer while walking his dog. In the cult series, he played the mysterious Angel, a vampire with a soul. The show became enormously successful and Boreanaz starred in a spin-off series, Angel, which gave the character a chance to evolve and concentrated on Angel's battle for redemption. He appeared on Buffy from 1997 to 1999, at which point he began starring in Angel, which ran until 2004.
Boreanaz's only starring role in a major theatrical film was in 2001's slasher horror film, Valentine, alongside Denise Richards and Katherine Heigl. In 2003, he appeared in the music video for singer Dido's "White Flag", and was the voice of Leon (aka Squall Leonhart) in the video game Kingdom Hearts, but he did not reprise his role in the sequel.
In 2005, Boreanaz began starring opposite Emily Deschanel on the current prime time television series, Bones. He most recently appeared in These Girls, a Canadian film in which he played a biker; the film received a limited theatrical release in Canada in March 2006, after premiering at the Toronto Film Festival and the Vancouver International Film Festival. His upcoming roles include parts in the independent films Mr. Fix it and Suffering Man's Charity. In that same year, he also voiced Hal Jordan in the direct to video DC Comics animated feature Justice League: The New Frontier. In the season 3 finale of his TV series "Bones", Booth is seen in his bathtub reading an issue of Green Lantern, the character he voiced in the Justice League: The New Frontier movie.
Boreanaz lives in Los Angeles, California. He was married to Ingrid Quinn from June 7, 1997 to October 1999, and married actress and model Jaime Bergman on November 24, 2001. The Young Children Have 2 Jaden Rayne Boreanaz, who was born on May 1, 2002, Manuel Alejandro Boreanaz; Who was born on March 15,1998.
Birth date: May 16, 1969 not 1971
Birth place: buffalo- NY
Siblings: tow sisters – Beth and Bo
Parents: father – meteorologist\ mother – housewife
Dating status: married to actress Jaime Bergman since November 2001
Sport: baseball – hockey – golf
Musical instruments: David can play drums and guitar
Hobbies: his dogs – collects antic stuff and classic old cars
Fav actor: Gregory peck –
Fav actress: Gwyneth peltrow
Music: grateful dead
While relatively new to acting when he landed a guest-starring role on the series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," David Boreanaz vaulted to stardom with his quiet intensity as the mysterious and tortured “Angel” and later starred in his own series, "Angel." Boreanaz, a native of Philadelphia, where his father is a veteran weather forecaster, was exposed to the TV business at a young age and moved to Los Angeles to try his luck in Hollywood after graduating from Ithaca College. As an acting student, Boreanaz lived the life of a starving artist, making ends meet by parking cars, painting houses and handing out towels at a sports club. His first big break was a guest spot on "Married ... with Children," in which he played the biker boyfriend of Kelly Bundy (Christina Applegate). Boreanaz's most recent projects include the romantic comedy "I'm with Lucy" opposite Monica Potter, Henry Thomas and Anthony La Paglia. Boreanaz also starred in the thriller "Valentine," and his other feature film credits include "Aspen Extreme," "Best of the Best 2" and "The Crow: Wicked Prayer." He appeared in the independent feature films “Mr. Fix It” and "The Hard Easy" and landed a starring role in “These Girls.” His theater credits include "Hat Full of Rain," "Italian-American Reconciliation," "Fool for Love" and "Cowboy Mouth." Boreanaz is an avid golfer and traveler. He lives with his wife, actress Jaime Bergman, and their son, Jaden Rayne And Manuel Alejandro Boreanaz, in Los Angeles.
Boreanaz, a native of Philadelphia, where his father is a veteran weather forecaster, was exposed to the TV business at a young age and moved to Los Angeles to try his luck in Hollywood after graduating from Ithaca College.
As an acting student, Boreanaz lived the life of a starving artist, making ends meet by parking cars, painting houses and handing out towels at a sports club. His first big break was a guest spot on "Married ... with Children," in which he played the biker boyfriend of Kelly Bundy (Christina Applegate).
Boreanaz's most recent projects include the romantic comedy "I'm with Lucy" opposite Monica Potter, Henry Thomas and Anthony La Paglia. Boreanaz also starred in the thriller "Valentine," and his other feature film credits include "Aspen Extreme," "Best of the Best 2" and "The Crow: Wicked Prayer." He appeared in the independent feature films “Mr. Fix It” and "The Hard Easy" and landed a starring role in “These Girls.”
His theater credits include "Hat Full of Rain," "Italian-American Reconciliation," "Fool for Love" and "Cowboy Mouth."
Boreanaz is an avid golfer and traveler. He lives with his wife, actress Jaime Bergman, and their son, Jaden Rayne And Manuel Alejandro Boreanaz, in Los Angeles.
. "Justice League": The New Frontier (2008) (V) (in production) (voice) .... Hal
2. "Our Lady of Victory" (2007) (filming)
3. "Suffering Man's Charity" (2007) (completed) .... Sebastian
4. "Bones" .... Special Agent Seeley Booth (44 episodes, 2005-2007)
5. "Mr. Fix It" (2006) .... Lance Valenteen
6. "These Girls" (2005) .... Keith Clark
... aka Trois pour un (
7. "The Crow: Wicked Prayer" (2005) .... Luc Crash/Death/Satan
8. "The Hard Easy" (2005) .... Roger Hargitay
9. "Angel" .... Angel ... (111 episodes, 1999-2004)
... aka Angel: The Series (
10. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" .... Angel ... (57 episodes, 1997-2003)
... aka BtVS (
... aka Buffy
... aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Series
11. "I'm with Lucy" (2002) .... Luke
... aka Autour de Lucy (
12. "Kingdom Hearts" (2002) (VG) (voice) .... Squall Leonhart (Leon)
... aka Kingudamu hâtsu (
13. "Baby Blues" .... Johnny (1 episode, 2002)
- Teddy-Cam (2002) TV Episode (voice) .... Johnny
14. "Valentine" (2001) .... Adam Carr
15. "Macabre Pair of Shorts" (1996) .... Vampire's victim
16 "Married with Children" .... Frank (1 episode, 1993)
- Movie Show (1993) TV Episode .... Frank
17. "Best of the Best 2" (1993) (uncredited)
. David is one of only three actors to be a cast member on both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
2. When David moved out to
3. David's Uncle is Art Moore from Live with Regis and Kelly.
4. David was born on exactly the same day as Growing Pains star Tracey Gold
5. In February, it was revealed that David is claustrophobic and has a phobia of heights as well as waterfalls.
6. David was the first one cast for the show Bones.
7. David once stated that if he hadn't become an actor he would have liked to be an architect.
8. David's wife, Jaime Bergman, appeared in one episode of Angel. She was in the episode, Time Bomb, in the shows fifth and last season.
9. David currently resides in Los Angeles,
10. David was discovered in
11. David appeared alongside Kristine Sutherland, Nicholas Brendon, and Mark Lutz at the Angel and Buffy Convention held at the Brighton Centre in
12. David was ranked #2 of the 'Top Ten Sexiest Men of the Buffy/Angel universe' in a fan poll by the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanzine in 2004
13. David was ranked #21 in TV Guide's list of 'TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols' in its January 2005 issue.
14. David is good friends with Christian Kane. They actually knew each other well before acting alongside each other in Angel.
15. In the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, David Boreanaz remains the only male to appear in the main credits while appearing as the "big-bad" for the same season.
16. David loves to wear funky socks. Even in suits, he'll still have outrageous designs or bold colors on them.
17. According to his friends and family, while they both share a passion for justice, a selfless desire to help others, and a strong sense of right and wrong, they say the friendly, humorous David is very little like his most famous character, the dark, brooding Angel.
18. When standing still, David sometimes swings an imaginary golf club
19. David sued the driver of a car, Oren Kaniel, that crashed into David's 1999
20. David enjoys old cars, old watches, and anything else thats vintage.
21. David thinks of himself as a lighthearted, fun, funny, humorous guy.
22. David doesn’t like to watch himself on camera.
23. David appears fully nude in his 2005 movie, These Girls.
24. David has a Kanji tattoo on each wrist, one means "Soul" and the other means "Destiny". His wife, Jamie, has the same tattoos.
25. David Boreanaz loves to cook healthy meals. He appeared on Martha Stewart's
26. In 1999, David was on People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" list.
27. David was considered for the roles of both Batman, in Batman Begins, and Superman, in Superman Returns. He won the role and was offered the
28. David has a phobia about chickens.
29. David is 6'1" tall.
30. Some of David's favorites: Favorite sports: golf, basketball, and football Favorite actors: Al Pacino and Gary Oldman Favorite actress: Gwyneth Paltrow Favorite band: The Grateful Dead Favorite food: eggs benedict and philly cheese steak sandwiches
31. David has two sisters, Beth and Bo.
32. David is the son of
As well as being the weatherman for WKBW Channel 7 in Buffalo, Dave Thomas was also the host of Rocketship 7, a children's program of the mid 60's and early 70's, watched by hundreds of thousands of western NY and southern Ontario children for years.
33. David has done voice work in two video games. He voiced the character of Squall Leonhart in Kingdom Hearts, and Angel in the 2002 XBox game Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
34. David is the only actor who appeared in the first and final (aired) episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the first and final episodes of its spin-off Angel. With the cancellation of Angel, this means that David was the only actor to appear at the beginning and end of creator Joss Whedon's Sunnydale stories.
35. David is of Italian and Czech descent.
36. David was in a total of 167 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel combined. This is more episodes than any other actor in the Whedonverse.
37. David appeared completely nude in the end of third season's third episode from the series Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
38. In November of 1998 David was sued by a former landlord for "trashing" the house he was renting. David denied the charges.
39. Art Moore, of the band Singing Tramps, is David's uncle and godfather. Art is also godfather to David's son, Jaden And Alejandro